Procedure for analysing Processes and Systems
1. Identification of Processes and Systems
Processes and systems are identified on the basis of KPIs, customer feedback, employee feedback or strategic objectives that are to be analysed and optimised.
2. Process and System Modelling
The selected systems and processes are represented by process diagrams, flowcharts or system diagrams.
3. Analysis and Evaluation
The selected processes and systems are analyzed for weaknesses, bottlenecks or sources of error in order to evaluate efficiency, effectiveness and quality. The analysis is carried out on the basis of data collection, data analysis and benchmarking.
4. Identification of Opportunities for Improvement
Opportunities for improvement are identified on the basis of the analysis.
Examples of this are
- Reduction of process steps
- Automation of tasks
- Integration of systems
- Improvement of data quality
5. Development of Optimization Plans
The detailed plan for implementing the identified improvements is drawn up. This planning includes
- Clear objectives
- Time estimates
- Resource requirements
6. Implementation of the Optimization Plans
This includes making changes to processes, adapting or implementing systems, training employees and changing guidelines.